"The Beginning Part 2" is the series finale of 12 Monkeys. The episode serves as the eleventh episode of the fourth season, and forty-seventh episode overall. It is also the second part of the two-part finale.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
When all hope is lost, Cole must complete his cycle so that his younger self will one day arrive at the end with the answer.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Starring[edit | edit source]
- Aaron Stanford as James Cole
- Amanda Schull as Cassandra Railly
- Todd Stashwick as Theodore Deacon
- Emily Hampshire as Jennifer Goines
- Barbara Sukowa as Katarina Jones
Guest Starring[edit | edit source]
- Kirk Acevedo as José Ramse
- Andrew Gillies as Julian Adler
- Julian Richings as Witness Adviser
- Alisen Down as Olivia Kirschner
Co-Starring[edit | edit source]
- Brooke Williams as Hannah
- Peter Dacunha as Young Sam
- James Callis as Athan
- Murray Furrow as Dr. Lasky
- Romina D'Ugo as Max
- Michael Rhoades as Arlen Wills
- Isys Alexis as Daughter Isys
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This episode close all the last remaining questions of the show, revealing that the Annapurna remains was the body of Olivia, and Cassandra's full message to Cole.
- The audio recording that Cassandra left is an example of a causality loops. Cole received a message in the future and seek for her in the past, chasing the Army of the 12 Monkeys, starting his many time travels, and in the end Cassandra goes back to her time to leave the message for Cole to find, to make sure that the chain of event will happen.
- A lot of questions and confusion have come from a mistake in the subtitles when Deacon shows up and rescues Cole and Ramse from the onslaught of the 12 Monkeys Faithful Army. The line in the subtitles says "Who are you two?" but what he actually says is "But you two". In 2043 Deacon already knew Cole and Ramse, even to the point that he was actively searching for them at that time to exact revenge on them for leaving the West VII.